Interview with Heather Mangiardi of Peekaboo Studios
This week I had the privilege of interviewing Heather Mangiardi of Peekaboo Studios who is located just outside the Toronto, Canada area. Heather specializes in Newborn Photography. Her style is just so beautiful, always soft and dreamy. So grab a cup of coffee and let’s get to know a Heather a little better.
1. Tell us a little about yourself.
My name is Heather and I am a mom to two sweet boys (3 & 6) and a wife to an amazing man who supports me and all my craziness. I live just outside of Toronto and was a clothing designer in my previous career for 13 years and still love to bust out my sewing machine to make outfits for my sweet little clients. I am happiest when I am being creative and I only wish I had time for all the ideas that I have in my head! I LOVE babies and feel so blessed that I get to spend everyday with these little miracles.
2. How did you get started in photography?
After the birth of my first son I became obsessed with capturing every little moment and detail with him. My love of photography grew from there and in 2011 I started my business.
3. If this a full time job or a part time gig?
4. What three word describe your style?
Soft, timeless, simple
5. Do you always know when you get the perfect shot? Any surprises during the editing process?
You can tell when you have the perfect set up and the baby molds into the perfect position.
6. What are you inspired by?
My boys, design – both interior and fashion.
7. Are you self taught? Learn somewhere else?
Mainly self taught but I have also taken some online workshops.
8. Any special moments or funny bloopers you want to share with us that happened during a session?
Poop! Lots and lots of poop!
9. Do you have any rituals that are apart of your editing process?
No real rituals, but I always have music playing while in a session or editing.
10. Do you a glass addiction? What is your favorite lens?
My 50 mm rarely leaves my camera.
11. What advice you give a photographer just starting off in this business?
Work on finding your own style. Be inspired by others but focus on your unique style and be yourself.
12. Where can we find you? Social media links?
Website :: http://peekaboostudios.ca
Instagram :: https://www.instagram.com/peekaboostudios
Facebook :: https://www.facebook.com/peekaboostudios
Thank you so much Heather for spending some time with us. Truly admire your work and forward to seeing where your career takes you. Simple and beautiful.